Take aways from Douglas Rushkoff 1-4
After reading chapters 1 and 2 of Douglas Rushkoff's book Program or be Programmed, I came to some takeaways. First being that when computers started to become popular, people selected time out of their day to go online and sift through email and maybe chat. I remember this time period. I was a pre-teen. My family would designate a time to go online and it became an activity you did once a day. There was a mind frame that it could wait. As of today, I feel that some technologies take up so much time. I am not a big Facebook person but an Instagram person. I promote my art on it. "Likes" have become very important to me. Even more important is the follower.Second is that "the real influence of our interaction with these programs is not on our neurons as much as our habits and outlooks." We are constantly connected to technology. My phone pings every time I have an email or a blurb will show up whenever I get a follower on Instagram. Long gone are the outlooks and habits of checking or being on the internet once a day. There is a unwritten rule that unless you are not glued to your technology, you will not succeed.
Comments
Post a Comment