3 takeaways 5-3

There was a lot of information given in this group of readings. The first article about new literacy was very poignant for me. I remember remixing media, sounds, literature as a youth and young adult. With art, some say Art is dead and maybe it is. I think it has morphed into a new idea. I am not sure about how to call it but this remixing and creating new work using old ideas is new yet not necessarily a new response. I think it is finally becoming a real artform. Students do this naturally. It should be taught how to do it responsibly and how to still credit where their ideas came from.

There was a worry with the advent of digital art, traditional art would decline. I agree with Peppler that this worry is not to be accepted. Digital art creates another way of learning and creating. Many students and artists work with both to create a work of art. In classrooms, some teachers create lessons that span many materials, including technology. One such was is using Adobe Illustrator and traditional materials to create a book jacket. This class is a predominantly technology based class, but the teacher makes sure to include as many materials and tools possible in order to keep the students thinking.

Digital art is just another way to tell a story. It can aid and promote. It is also an artform in itself. Digital technology has really opened up the world of music also. Sounds that were not easily accessed are now available. In the case of Rock band, this helps the person take on a persona that would please them and help with their identity. Not everyone has the money or knowhow to take lessons or get materials for expressing in an artform. Digital media opens up worlds for people that is very beneficial.

Comments

Popular Posts